Basic Baccalaureate Program
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing and the master's degree program in nursing at Rhode Island College is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).
The Basic Baccalaureate Program integrates knowledge of the arts and sciences with nursing theory to provide a framework for professional practice. The program is designed to be completed in four years. The three major elements of the nursing curriculum are general education, cognate and required nursing courses.
Students must consult with their advisor each semester before registering for courses.
Click here for details.
Nursing Program Application
Nursing Program Application Withdrawal Form
Students who anticipate enrolling in the beginning nursing courses, NURS 220 and NURS 222 for the fall semester need to submit a completed Application to Nursing Program: Enrollment Form by April 15th of the preceding spring semester.
Students who anticipate enrolling in the beginning nursing courses, NURS 220 and NURS 222 for the spring semester need to submit a completed Application to the Nursing Program: Enrollment Form by October 15th of the preceding fall semester.
Admission Requirements for Application
- Submission of an Enrollment Form signed by the faculty advisor to the School of Nursing by October 15 or April 15 of the preceding semester.*
- Completion of the College Mathematics and Writing Requirements.**
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 of courses taken at all colleges/universities.
- Completion of Biology 231, Chemistry 106, and Psychology 230, with a minimum grade of C and a minimum overall grade point average of 2.67 (B-) in these 3 courses.
* Students may apply to the Nursing Program no more than three times.
** Refer to the
Rhode Island College Catalog. pp. 43-45 for descriptions of the Math Competency and Writing Requirements.
- Complete the Application to Nursing Program: Enrollment Form. Applications can be obtained in the School of Nursing, FLS 155.
- Basic students should attach a student copy of their current RIC transcript.
- Transfer students must attach transcripts with grades for all courses taken elsewhere - an official or legible student copy is acceptable.
- Second Degree Candidates must attach a copy of their Signed Plan of Study and attach transcripts with grades for all courses taken elsewhere - an official or legible student copy is acceptable.
- Make an appointment to meet with your faculty advisor in the School of Nursing and obtain his or her signature with date of application prior to submitting the application to the School of Nursing.
- Submit the signed and completed application with attached transcripts and Signed Plan of Study for second degree candidates, to the office assistant in Fogarty Life Science 155 prior to the April 15th or October 15th deadline for applications.