Anne & Bob De Stefano Undergraduate Research Program
In order to apply for a De Stefano award, students must meet the following criteria:
- Enrollment as a full-time undergraduate student in any academic major or program at the college.
- Completion of at least 45 credit hours at the time of application with an overall GPA of at least 3.0
- The award must be used to support a senior project that has been approved by the student’s department or program.
- The application for funding must be approved by the faculty member who is directing the student’s honors project.
Uses of De Stefano Awards
Funds may be used for any appropriate activity or need connected with the completion of the student’s departmental honors project, such as but not restricted to the following:
- Acquisition of or access to materials or equipment
- Travel and lodging (subject to state guidelines: check with Dr. Sparks for mileage and food allowances)
- Conference expenses
- Duplicating expenses
- Support of student research during the summer
In general, funds will not be awarded for commuting (i.e., travel between home and RIC); for processing or copying the completed project; for acquiring books or materials available through library services; or for purchasing materials or equipment normally available through departments and college agencies.
Funding Periods and Amounts
- Funds will be awarded on a semester by semester basis and may be awarded a maximum of two times in consecutive semesters for the same on-going project.
- Awards may be given only as reimbursements for costs already incurred.
- Awards normally will not exceed $500 in any one semester, although these amounts are flexible.
Applications must be received by Dr. Rebecca Sparks, Director of Honors and Director, Anne & Bob De Stefano Undergraduate Research Program by:
October 21 for Fall review of applications
March 1 for Spring review of applications
If there are any questions, please get in touch with Dr. Sparks at