Skip Repetitive Navigation Links

NOTICE: You have reached a deprecated website. 
You can access the new official Rhode Island College website at

Student ID FAQ

What types of accounts can I have on my student ID?

The Student ID consists of 2 accounts:

  • The meal plan account which consists of 3 tenders:
    • Board for use at Donovan Dining Center
    • Flex Meal Points for use at Donovan Dining Center
  • The Campus Points account is for use at all locations where points are accepted: Donovan, Café, Bookstore, Student Union game room, Adams Library, many copiers, all vending machines, laundry facilities in all Residence Halls, and pay-for-print stations in the Café and Adams Library. (Campus Points)

1 point = 1 cent

Is the BankMobile Account the same as the Student ID

No.  The BankMobile Account ( is the BankMobile Account Debit MasterCard to (1) provide RIC students refunds for excess financial aid (or any other credit you might have on your college account) and (2) student payroll.

How do I make a purchase with my Student ID?

When making a purchase at Donovan Dining Center, Café, or Galley present your student ID to the cashier and inform them which account you want to use for payment, Board, Guest Passes, Bonus Dollars, Campus Points, or DDC points. When making a purchase anywhere else on campus simply present your student ID to the cashier. Campus Points is the only acceptable tender at these locations.

What do I need to do if I am authorized to access a Residence Hall?

Access to residence halls will be setup on move-in day. Other than move-in day your student ID can be programmed in the Student ID office. If you lose your student ID, you must contact the Student ID office (401.456.8394) or Residential Life and Housing (401.456.8240) immediately to prevent unauthorized use.

What about my library card?

Your student ID is also your library card. You can use it to check out library materials in person. Library databases can be accessed by clicking​. If you are on campus you will have immediate access to the database of your choice. If you are off campus you will be prompted for your RIC User ID and password before you can access the databases. Questions? Please contact the Circulation Desk in Adams Library (401.456.8126).

How do I get it activated for the Recreation Center?

Go to the Recreation Center, present your student ID, and they will process your membership.

What if my Student ID is damaged or outdated? Who do I report it to and how much does it cost to replace?

If your student ID is damaged due to normal wear and tear, bring the damaged card to the Student ID office for a free replacement.  Damage outside of normal wear and tear is subject to a $10.00 processing fee.  Although your student ID may have a date on it, it does not expire.  It is active for as long as you are an active student.

What can I do to protect my Student ID?

Purchase a pouch or ID holder for it (available at the Bookstore). Please do not punch a hole or alter the student ID in any way. Doing so might interfere with its ability to be recognized by the system.

What if I lose my Student ID?

It's important you call the Student ID office at 401.456.8394 to report your ID missing​​​​. You may report a missing card during normal business hours to prevent unauthorized use. The college assumes no responsibility for unauthorized use of an ID before it is reported. Replacements are issued in person with a $10.00 processing fee.​

Page last updated: September 11, 2020