Skip Repetitive Navigation Links

​​​For Transfers

Information for Justice Studies Transfer Students

If you are thinking about coming to RIC as a transfer student from another college, including CCRI or BCC, or if you have transferred already, you will find information here to help you navigate the transition. Many of our majors and minors transfer to our program, and if you’ve taken courses related to Justice Studies elsewhere, you should be off to a great start in completing your degree here. Please note you still need to complete all the general education requirements, along with your major requirements, and earn a total of 120 credits to graduate from RIC.

RIC has a 2+2 plan in Justice Studies with CCRI! If you follow the plan, available at​, you can take two years of full-time classes at CCRI and two years of full-time classes at RIC and complete a BA in Justice Studies with an optional minor in sociology or political science. You can even choose to complete a double major in sociology or apply after you have 75 credits for RIC's BA/MA program in Justice Studies, enabling you to complete a Master's degree in as little as one additional year.

If you are a CCRI student with less than 30 credits, you can apply for the Joint Admissions Agreement (JAA) plan in Justice Studies, which will enable you to leave CCRI having made the most progress toward your degree. Even if you don’t qualify for the JAA plan, you can use the JAA degree requirements to select the most appropriate CCRI courses. See​ for more information. You are strongly encouraged to complete your math course prior to transferring or in your first semester at RIC. At CCRI, you should select Math 0600 and Math 1139, Math 1175, or another Math class that transfers to meet RIC's general education Math requirement. At BCC, Math 119 or 209 or higher and at Quinebaug, Math 146 or higher (note these equivalencies are subject to change, so be sure to verify the most up-to-date transfer guides below).

Which of Your Courses Will Transfer?

The following is a list of courses that RIC accepts towards the Justice Studies major from local community colleges. If you will transfer from another institution, you will have your transfer credits evaluated when you apply for admission. Once you enter the degree program, you can contact the Justice Studies Program Director or the chair of the relevant department to see if any additional credits might be awarded towards courses in the major (for example, if you are looking for credit for a political science course, see the chair of political science).


RIC Course CCRI Course BCC Course Quinebaug Course
SOC 207

SOCS 2300 OR

SOCS 2310

CRJ 251

SOCS 2300 OR

SOCS 2310

POL 202 POLS 1010 GVT 111 PLSC 111
PSYCH 110 PSYC 2010 PSY 101 PSY 102
PHIL 206 PHIL 206 PHIL 152 PHIL 113
POL 332 LAWS 2000 AND 2030 -- --


For more information about how courses transfer among the colleges and universities in Rhode Island, see, and for more information about transfer admissions and the credit evaluation process, see this page​.


Page last updated: January 25, 2019