Skip Repetitive Navigation Links

NOTICE: You have reached a deprecated website. 
You can access the new official Rhode Island College website at


Reverse Transfer

RIC has partnered with the Community College of Rhode Island on reverse transfer, which allows you to transfer credits back to CCRI and apply them toward an associate’s degree – now, or in the future.

If you are actively working toward your bachelor’s degree, there are several advantages of getting your associate’s degree along the way:

  • Better job opportunities, even while you work toward a bachelor's degree.
  • Academic momentum in completing your bachelor's degree.

If you have taken a break from your studies, an associate’s degree brings important benefits in the short-term and long-term:

  • Having an associate’s degree can help you earn more now since pay raises, certifications, and promotions are often tied to higher credentials.
  • The median lifetime earnings of individuals with an associate’s degree are 27% higher than the earnings of a high school graduate.

To earn an associate’s degree through reverse transfer, you need:

  • At least 60 college-level credits at RIC with at least 15 from CCRI
  • A combined GPA of 2.0 or higher
  • To resolve any financial obligations to any school
  • A transcript review

Students who have completed at least 45 credits at RIC may only need 15 credits at CCRI to earn an associate’s degree! There is no cost to participate. After reviewing your transcripts, CCRI advisors will help you figure out which courses you need to complete your associate’s degree.

What you need to do

  1. Complete the RIC Transcript Request For CCRI Reverse Transfer form below.
  2. Complete the CCRI Reverse Transfer Application and send to the same address (CCRI Records Department, Attn: Reverse Transfer, 1762 Louisquisset Pike, Lincoln, RI 02865).

  3. After reviewing your transcript, CCRI advisors will contact you by mail with next steps.

If you have any questions about Reverse Transfer, you can contact the Reverse Transfer Advisor at CCRI (, 401.333.7092).


RIC Transcript Request Form for CCRI Reverse Transfer

Please use the form below to request a RIC transcript for CCRI reverse transfer.​​

Page last updated: April 10, 2017