Skip Repetitive Navigation Links

NOTICE: You have reached a deprecated website. 
You can access the new official Rhode Island College website at


Resources for Returning Students


The College Board offers exams that can provide college credit. Visit the College Board website to find out more information about which CLEP exams that RIC accepts and how to schedule to take an exam.

Transfer Credits

If you have taken courses at another school since leaving RIC, you can see how your credits will transfer prior to applying for readmission. Former students who have earned credits from CCRI or URI are advised to visit the state transfer website for more information regarding transfer within the RI state system. Former students who have earned credits from other schools can view a list of prior approved courses and build a credit evaluation using RIC’s Transfer Evaluation System (TES).

Students may also request a preliminary evaluation through email by sending transcripts and intended major to

Financial Aid

If you are interested in returning to RIC, we strongly encourage you to apply for financial aid by filing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Students may qualify for grants, scholarships, and/or loans to help pay tuition. FAFSA should be filed every year.

Some employers offer full or partial tuition reimbursement. We encourage you to check with your employer to see if they provide this benefit!

Former students who are unemployed, senior citizens, or disabled veterans may be eligible for a tuition waiver. For more information, contact the Bursar’s Office at (401) 456-8130.


Graduate! RI is a statewide partnership aimed to connect returning learners to supports and recourses to help them get to school. If you know you want to go back to school but still aren’t sure what school is best for you, Grad! RI offers free guidance to help you explore your options.

Page last updated: September 05, 2018