Custodial Services is responsible for the safe, effective, environmentally-friendly cleaning of building on the Rhode Island College campus. The custodial staff provides daily cleaning activities, as well as specialized services such as carpet cleaning and floor waxing. Personnel work varied shifts to better support the campus needs.
We are also responsible for recycling campus wide. Visit out
recycling page to obtain more information.
Monday - Friday
6:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. (first shift)
4:00 p.m. - 12:30 a.m. (second shift)
(401) 456-8262 (Main Office)
(401) 429-8200 (Mobile)
- RIC has been applying environmentally-friendly cleaning agents for years.
- All of the current chemicals utilized by the college are green certified, as they are high performing cleaning agents while also being environmentally responsible.
- The Campus uses green certified paper towels, toilet paper, and soap.
- RIC uses green certified microfiber wet/dry mops.
- The college incorporates 99% HEPA filters for vacuums and shampoo machines.
- 95% green chemical soap scrubbing as opposed to less "friendly" stripping.
- RIC uses Green certified soap and paper towels throughout campus.
- Green certified trash bags that have been tested to break down 50% faster at the landfill).
- All cleaning equipment used is green certified.
- No harsh chemicals are ever used anywhere on the campus by the RIC custodial department (no bleach, ammonia, etc).
RIC partners with Genesan™ for Green Commercial Cleaning Products
On February 22, 2012, RIC became the first institution of higher education in Rhode Island to fully implement Genesan commercial cleaning products. Their product, Enzysan2000, is recognized as a worldwide leader for commercial cleaning and deodorizing, combining powerful cleaning with extreme safety. It is one of only a few certified green products that has an accepted fragrance, and avoids use of many harmful compounds that everyday cleaning chemicals can hold. Enzysan2000 also enjoys both the North American Ecologo Award and the USDA's BioPreferred Status. This product is in use at Harvard University, Rhode Island Hospital, RI K-12 school districts and other prominent educational and healthcare facilities.