The data in the dashboard is based on processed test results as of the date the dashboard was updated. Numbers of cases may change on a daily basis.
Current Positive Cases (4/28/2021-5/12/2021)
- Currently, Rhode Island College has no active cases, as none have been identified between April 28st and May 12th.
Cumulative Positive Cases (8/27/2020-5/12/2021)
Cumulative Positive Cases by RIC Constituency
Cumulative Positive Cases by Symptom Status
Cumulative Positive Cases by Month
- Rhode Island College has had a total of 254 positive COVID19 cases between the time tracking began in August and May 12, 2021.
- Up to this point, the highest number of cases (59) was identified in November, followed by January with 57 cases, December with 45 cases, and February with 22 cases. Nine (9) cases were identified in August, 18 in September, 17 in October, 14 in March, and 16 in April. No cases have been identified in May yet.
Commuter students account for 58% of cases, while residential students comprise 23% of cases and faculty/staff comprise 19% of cases.
63% of cases were symptomatic, and 37% were asymptomatic.
*The only commuter students for whom COVID reporting is done are athletes, those attending on-campus classes, those who work on campus, and those in clinical placements.
**The only faculty/staff for whom COVID reporting is done are those who are required to be on campus at least ½ day per week.
COVID-19 Student Report Form
Consistent with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control, state and local officials Rhode Island College has implemented a tool for faculty and staff to report students with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19.
Should a faculty or staff member learn of a student with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 the student should be informed
NOT to come to campus unless or until cleared through Health Services. It is requested that you:
- Ask the student to remain off campus.
- Ask the student to contact Health Services.
Complete this form so that Health Services may be notified and follow up, as appropriate, with the student.