Certificate of Graduate Study (C.G.S) in Supply Chain Management
Admissions to the program are temporarily suspended. For more information, contact Department Chair, Dr.
The Rhode Island College Certificate of Graduate Study (C.G.S) in Supply Chain Management is designed to provide knowledge and skills that can be applied at the strategic and operational levels of both for-profit and not-for-profit organizations. The program focuses on managing those processes that produce and distribute goods and services and in effectively leading and shaping the workplace in which those processes are carried out. Practitioners who seek applied, functional knowledge and skills will benefit from this Certificate of Graduate Study (C.G.S) in Supply Chain Management.
- Completed application form accompanied by a $50 nonrefundable application fee.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate records.
- An applicant’s letter describing the applicant’s professional goals including how the program will help the applicant achieve these professional goals.
- Three letters of recommendation that address professional or practical/applied experience in the field of Operations Management as a whole including Project Management, Supply Chain Management or related. At least one of the letters of recommendation must be from a professional employed within the field of Operations Management or a Management instructor in higher education.
- An interview may be required,
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale.
- A minimum grade of B in all courses comprising the CGS. Students who receive a grade below a B in any of these courses must meet with the program director. If it is recommended that the student continue, the student must retake the course.
- Failure to meet any one of the above requirements is sufficient cause for dismissal from the program.
C.G.S. in Supply Chain Management Learning Objectives
Supply Chain Management – Supply chain managers are in high demand and, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, represent a job category that is expected to experience 22% growth between 2012 and 2022 – a “much faster than the average.” Supply chain managers are critical in enabling an organization to achieve success in that they work with suppliers as well as customers in for profit, not for profit and governmental organizations, both domestic and international. This certificate would be especially helpful to individuals whose career goals include American Production and Inventory Control (APICS) certification via either the Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) examination. Students successfully completing the Supply Chain Management CGE will be able to examine logistic management processes, determine appropriate purchasing and procurement strategies, identify elements of an effective supply chain information management system, and evaluate lean enterprise processes to improve organizational efficiency.
C.G.S. in Supply Chain Management Plan of Study/Course Requirements
MGT 536 Creating and Leading High-Performance Teams (4 cr.)
MGT 545 Production and Inventory Management (4 cr.)
MGT 546 Logistics (4 cr.)
MGT 547 Supply Chain Management (4 cr.)
Total: 16 Credits
For additional information please contact: